The server should have ...

Kaya.gs should integrate Facebook

Facebook log-in, and maybe helpers to post server things on the users wall.

People relating their facebook accounts would make the server more personal and increase the relationship between players.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gabriel BenmerguiAdminGabriel Benmergui (CEO, Kaya.gs) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • aimsaims commented  · 

As long as the Facebook log in is only an option, why not. I don't have an account on FB so I'd appreciate the possibility of logging in without it :)

There are some services that actually require a FB account to log in, which I find a terrible idea.

• BarraussBarrauss commented  · 

I like the idea of being able to post things to my wall on facebook or on google+. Perhaps finally beating the 5d at 4 stones or some feat like that. Not only that, but it could possibly introduce more people that way.

• GarethGareth commented  · 

To me, developing this feels like unnecessary clutter but, provided links with Facebook are non-intrusive to non-Facebook users, and the addition can be made easily without cluttering up the codebase with mysterious Facebook stuff which might be changed/broken suddenly, then it can work.

Personally, I would vote not to do this and instead spend time/resources on something more important but if people want to fund this...

• AOAAOA commented  · 

Facebook again? It's everywhere :(

• VV commented  · 

I have to say, integration is not an exciting idea.

Is it possible to do anonymized integration? Allow an anonymous alias (or up to 3!) but use Facebook credentials to reduce log in/log out effort?

• Steve TenHoorSteve TenHoor commented  · 

The option to have integration is a plus. Forced integration is definitely a deal-breaker. I would also object to sharing personal information.

• Jean-Sébastien LechasseurJean-Sébastien Lechasseur commented  · 

I think the best solution is to be impartial and integrate at least the 3 main social networks: Facebook, Twitter and Google+. This way, anybody interested in linking his account(s) would be happy.

About verified accounts: I'll make a clear suggestion for that feature.

• Boris BernadskyBoris Bernadsky commented  · 

I don't want to actively Disagree with anyone here, as to not cause problems, but allowing facebook integration does not exactly say "I support facebook". Facebook has gotten to the point where its a fact of life. I am not saying that people don't have the choice to be or not be on facebook, but its almost a ubiquitous thing. People contact information is usually their email, facebook (and lastly) telephone. With the telephone usually being for close people only. Anyway, I am not saying you should make it mandatory, I think no one would even consider this as an option, all I am saying is that having the option shouldn't upset or deter anyone.

• Jonas JermannJonas Jermann commented  · 

Will it be possible to login as a guest without the need to create a "registered" account?

If not then I think it is very useful to have the possibility to use a Facebook/Google/whatever account to provide the login information. Especially if you want to explain go to someone new to it...

I also really much like the idea of Jean-Sébastien Lechasseur to have "verified" accounts. However I am not sure how to check for "verified" accounts. One way might be to make an account verified if it is "connected" to a social network account (if that's "verified" enough) and if the users chooses to make it "public" resp. verified.

About which social network: I guess it is impossible to make everyone happy. The best idea I see is to give the option to use any of the popular accounts, not only Facebook.

About further possibility than just login information (like posts): I also like this option but the same applies here even more: It is hard to make everyone happy. I think we/you shouldn't do this unless you provide support for a variety of different accounts. Otherwise some users will see it as a sign of support for facebook and leave.

An alternative idea to create a new community around kaya.gs. I.e, provide the possibilty to post games/news/whatever on kaya.gs, But this would require quite a lot of additional framework/storage/server power. I am not sure if kaya.gs is ready for this and personally I would rather see improvements on the _game_ client/server.

• SteveSteve commented  · 

I would prefer that you did not but if you do: Please, only if there are other log in options!!!!!

I refuse to use any site that requires FB login and stay away as much as I can from sites that have integrated fb.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

As long as it is optional.

• SoyannSoyann commented  · 

I don't like the idea of integrating Facebook. Kaya.gs should create its own community. And according to me, it will not help kaya.gs to be more credible. I completly boycott Facebook so...

• Boris BernadskyBoris Bernadsky commented  · 

I think it is great to incorporate facebook, but as everyone else already mentioned, make it optional, and definitely not mandatory.

• double-hane.blogspotdouble-hane.blogspot commented  · 

Please don't make it mandatory. As long as people have a choice it is fine.

Making Facebook mandatory is evil ;)

• Evgeny SheEvgeny She commented  · 

integration with FB is good idea :)

• Jean-Sébastien LechasseurJean-Sébastien Lechasseur commented  · 

This should not even be an option. Facebook sucks more and more. Integrating it in Kaya is like saying : ''Kaya proudly supports Facebook ! '' Many people won't like that for sure and that would be very unfortunate. Kaya is already the social go server, no need to join forces with a social network. Moreover, I would bet there are more fake accounts on Facebook than on KGS...

If you want to make the server more personal, use google's method. People with real accounts should get a ''Verified Account'' badge, just like on google+. Then, as Jonas Jermann suggested, you should introduce a filter. For example, when using the automatch, you could specify whether you mind playing against anonymous players or not.

• Henrik HuttunenHenrik Huttunen commented  · 

If Facebook login would be the only option for the user, I wouldn't use Kaya.gs. But if it is only integrated on top of the core system, so that non-Facebook user has the same in-game elements, I wouldn't mind it.

• RinnRinn commented  · 

I guess it will be ok if it's optional. Maybe something like the "Hide your e-mail" option in your info tab in KGS.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base